Menu

Digital Inclusion – Getting Everyone Online

8:45 am - 10:15 am
March 14, 2017
,

In 2000, only about half of American adults used the Internet. Now, 90% do. But what about the remaining 10%? Access to the internet is critical for many reasons, but especially for education and seeking employment. Learn how your community can help residents bridge the digital barriers keeping them offline, whether those barriers are limited income, lack of technology skills, or lack of access to broadband infrastructure. In this session, cities of all sizes will find out more about the public and private resources available to close the digital divide, as well as best practices learned from other city leaders.

Moderator

Speakers

  • Miguel A Gamiño Jr. Chief Technology Officer (CTO) - City of New York
  • Karen Archer Perry Senior Policy Analyst - National Telecommunications and Information Administration’s BroadbandUSA
  • Karima A. Zedan Executive Director, Digital Inclusion + Internet Essentials - Comcast

« Back to previous page