Sign-up to be the first to hear the latest conference announcements!
Time: 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
Date: Sunday, March 8, 2020
Theatre: Washington Marriott Wardman Park
The NLCU office hours are an opportunity to meet with an expert and a small network of peers in an intimate setting. During the office hours you will dive deeper into the subject matter, enjoy direct engagement with the expert, and create custom solutions for when you return home. Betsy Hodges was the 47th mayor… Read more »NLC Congressional City Conference
The NLCU office hours are an opportunity to meet with an expert and a small network of peers in an intimate setting. During the office hours you will dive deeper into the subject matter, enjoy direct engagement with the expert, and create custom solutions for when you return home.
Betsy Hodges was the 47th mayor of Minneapolis. In her role as mayor, she focused on three clear goals: running the city well, growing a great city and increasing equity. Her priorities were ensuring the City works well for everyone and that all people can contribute to – and benefit from – the growth and prosperity of Minneapolis.
Some of Mayor Hodges’ key initiatives included: her Cradle to K Cabinet, creating a Zero Waste Minneapolis, improving police-community relations, and helping small businesses thrive.
A speaker, writer, and consultant, Mayor Hodges currently serves as a Senior Advisor for Cities United, a consultant to organizations working with cities to improve equitable outcomes for people of color. Mayor Hodges recently served as a Residential Fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School Institute of Politics.
- Office hours are 30 minutes in length. Please arrive 5 minutes early.
- Cities are required to complete an office hour form that will be sent out in January, 2020
- All applicants will be contacted by NLCU regarding their application status by February, 2020
Office hour options:
- 1-1:30 PM
- 1:45-2:15 PM
NLC University Credits: 1 per office hour session
Office hour session cost: $150
Cost savings! Register for the full “Leading Through Disruption” package: $300
What’s included in the package?
- Leading Through Disruption: You Don’t Know What’s Coming but You Know You Need to be Ready for It
- Leading Through Disruption: Preparing Yourself and Your Staff to be an Adaptable Leader Managing Change
- One office hour of your choice: Leading Through Disruption: Office Hours Small Group Coaching With Betsy Hodges
*NLC University seminars are not included in the standard conference fee. Add seminars to your basket during registration to enroll. Already registered for the conference? Log in to your profile and simply add seminars to your account.
- Betsy Hodges Former Mayor - Minneapolis, Minnesota