Sign-up to be the first to hear the latest conference announcements!
Time: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Date: Sunday, March 8, 2020
Theatre: Washington Marriott Wardman Park
Leaders walk in knowing that to meet their objectives, they will need to make changes. Change brings resistance and headwinds. How you lead in those moments of change can either create momentum to move your project forward or more hurdles, and will ultimately define your legacy. We will identify strategies for internal management – what… Read more »NLC Congressional City Conference
Leaders walk in knowing that to meet their objectives, they will need to make changes. Change brings resistance and headwinds. How you lead in those moments of change can either create momentum to move your project forward or more hurdles, and will ultimately define your legacy. We will identify strategies for internal management – what do you do, personally, to maintain equilibrium when things get difficult? We will identify management strategies – what does resistance look like from people you work with and how can you manage your staff through transition and move to a place of action and collaboration? You will leave with a set of strategies that will be a solid foundation for the changes needed to make your vision real and attainable.
- Participants will explore disruption in the context of policy and decision making as well as the unforeseen events and challenges.
- Participants will identify personal values they hew to in moments of challenge and how to stay true to that while working through a trying challenge.
- Participants will identify what resistance in municipal governance can look like and devise strategies to navigate that resistance to successfully reach the other side of change.
NLC University Credits: 2
Individual seminar cost: $100
Cost savings! Register for the full “Leading Through Disruption” package: $300
What’s included in the package?
- Leading Through Disruption: You Don’t Know What’s Coming but You Know You Need to be Ready for It
- Leading Through Disruption: Preparing Yourself and Your Staff to be an Adaptable Leader Managing Change
- One office hour of your choice: Leading Through Disruption: Office Hours Small Group Coaching With Betsy Hodges
*NLC University seminars are not included in the standard conference fee. Add seminars to your basket during registration to enroll. Already registered for the conference? Log in to your profile and simply add seminars to your account.
- Betsy Hodges Former Mayor - Minneapolis, Minnesota