Safer for All: How Your Community Can Benefit from New Federal Programs for Safer Streets and Rail Crossings
Time: 10:15 am - 11:30 am
Date: March 14, 2022
Location: Liberty Salon L
• Learn about the latest USDOT safety programs, including Safer Streets for All.
• Learn how the new rail grade separation program aims to keep traffic and trains moving safely.
• Engage with federal officials administering these vital programs for your community.
The recently passed Bipartisan Infrastructure Law includes important new safety programs for both community transportation and rail. These programs offer resources and guidance for communities seeking to create safer streets and safer rail crossings for all residents. In this session, you’ll hear from U.S. Department of Transportation officials about what’s happening with these programs, how they can help your city or town protect the safety of local residents, and how to access these new federal resources.
- Ryan Arbuckle Senior Industry Economist - Federal Railroad Administration
- Robin Hutcheson Acting Administrator - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Emily Schweninger Senior Policy Advisor Transportation Health and Safety - U.S. Department of Transportation
- Joseph Geierman Mayor - Doraville, Georgia