Hill Day: Connect With Your Congress Representative
Use Your Voice – Sign Up for Hill Day at Congressional City Conference
Join city leaders in your state for Congressional City Conference Hill Day on Tuesday, March 28.
Apply the knowledge you’ve gained during CCC by advocating for local priorities at the federal level. NLC will coordinate and schedule meetings with your U.S. Representatives and/or U.S. Senators and brief you on key legislation and federal funding programs impacting your communities.
NLC is partnering with Soapbox Consulting, who will schedule all appointments for participants, including with:
- Both of your state’s U.S. Senators
- The U.S. House district that represents your city, town or village
Your voice is important. This level of direct engagement will empower you to build strong, lasting relationships with your Members of Congress and help NLC advance local priorities at the federal level.
Hill Day is exclusive to Congressional City Conference attendees who are elected officials, city staff or State Municipal League staff. There is no additional cost!
What To Expect
Hill Day participants should set aside the entire business day on Tuesday, March 28 to allow for the best possible chance to secure Member-level meetings.
Hill Day registrants will be required to attend a mandatory, one-hour technical and issues briefing on Monday, March 27. In this training, you will:
- Learn how to join your scheduled meetings and what to expect.
- Meet other members from your state in your meeting group.
- Receive an issues briefing to supplement the advocacy talking points that will be provided with your schedule.
Hill Day participants will be asked to provide some additional information once they have registered. This includes:
- Congressional District
- Your State Municipal League
- Cell phone number (for day-of schedule contact)
Get the tools your need
Connect with peers who understand your challenges and refuel yourself with sessions and activities planned especially for your needs as a local leader.